The cross of Aksum (Ak.Soom) is inspired from well-known processional cross in Northern Ethiopia. A combination of spherical shapes and patterns, the intricate designs of the cross are believed to draw several biblical references to make symbolic representations, including that of crown of thorns, Garden of Eden, and the radiant sun to symbolize the divine nature and endless age of God. Traditionally, this cross is worn by women as a pendant on a blue or black silk thread, known as Mateb.
- Wearable as a side and center pendant necklace, and a bracelet
- 14K real gold (with antique finishing option) or rhodium plating on brass
- Hypoallergenic- nickel & lead free, and hand polished
- Necklace wear: 16” to 18”, adjustable chain with 3 loop holes
- Bracelet wear: Wrap around the wrist. Adjustable chain fits wrists: S/M/L.
- For wrists XL & up, a separate extender is included at small extra charge.
- Designed by our team in Ethiopia and US